Architecture InternLocation: Alexandria, Virginia
Reports to: Caroline Lechaux, Principal
We are a fast-paced, multifaceted commercial and residential interior design firm located outside Washington DC seeking an experienced interior designer.
Support architecture, design, and business development initiatives for OUTinDesign’s holistic design process and assist the firm’s designers and principal.
Three plus years of professional experience in a design firm required. Must be proficient in a PC environment with skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD. Candidate must be extremely detail oriented, a multi-tasker and very knowledgeable about sustainable design, the vendor industry and how a project is run from start to finish.
Experience in industrial design and/or furniture design is a plus.
Candidate must be passionate about well-being design, motivated, enthusiastic, and demonstrate a willingness to become involved in all aspects of the firm.
The ideal candidate has residential, restaurant and hospitality design experience. It is essential for the ideal candidate to have: excellent troubleshooting and communication skills, job site and client-management experience, and the ability to work well in a fast-paced and deadline-driven firm.
- Design and execute concepts (including hand sketches, advanced AutoCAD and Revit drafting and rendering)
- Draft plans, elevations, and sections for new projects
- Compile InDesign/ other presentations, drawings, and documents to communicate design details to the client
- Execute Revit, Photoshop and hand-sketched renderings for clients
- Provide creative and graphic design support for printed material
- Create working Excel spreadsheets to track business and client activity
- Photo edit and manage photography library
- Manage, document, organize, and file electronic and paper files, products and materials
- Order, track and reconcile orders of materials for projects
- Drafting and rendering experience with Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp
- Presentation design and formatting with Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge)
- Knowledge of design software in Windows OS
- Experience with visual and verbal design presentations
- Working knowledge of online design and lifestyle social media, websites, blogs, apps, etc.
Specific Additional Skills & Capacities (organizational, etc.):
- Organizational skills imperative: detail oriented with good follow-through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in English; multicultural understanding
- Creative and strategic thinking
- Sense of humor and team spirit
- Flexibility and capability of working with multiple agendas (multi-tasking skills)
Please submit a cover letter and your portfolio along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.